Monday, July 7, 2008

ode to ikea

Last week Bob, Samantha** and I went on quite the excursion. Can you say hello Ikea? We met at Pier 11, right off Wall Street and boarded the yellow barge - destination Ikea. As a New Yorker, maybe I don't go on vacation nearly enough - maybe that can explain why I was sooo excited to be on this free ferry - it felt like a beach trip.

My tip? Climb up the stairs to the top deck - it's rocky, but you'll have the best view of Ellis Island, the Waterfalls, Lady Liberty and IKEA!

We had the best time; Robert bought us breakfast and we treated him to a post Ikea hot dog (all food purchased totaled $10.00). Bottom line: it was so much fun and it's 1000 times better than Elizabeth, NJ.


Lovely Samantha at the Ikea


Bob at the Ikea - check out that snazzy hat

**Since I haven't been updating the blog, you may not know about Samantha. Here's the sweet and low: 1) She's an artist that is ridiculously talented - her card reads "Hand Sewn Illustration" but she does so much more http://www.samanthajsmith.com 2) She volunteers at Bowne & Co. 3) She is so much fun and I love it when all 3 of us are together.

No comments: