Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ny gift fair and my favorite things

image courtesy of John Derian

Gift Fair

Robert and I attended the New York International Gift Fair yesterday at the Jacob Javits center. It's so much more corporate than the sweet Stationery Show, but interesting nonetheless.

I was very much in love with the booths by Swallow, Saturn Press, John Derian, Rupalee and those fine letterpress printers at Yee Haw. Equally of interest were the typography coasters by Heather Lins and the clever valet and ornaments by Jonathan Adler.

image courtesy of Swallow

image courtesy of Rupalee

image courtesy of Yee Haw Industries

These are the big leagues - the who's who. You name the company and they are represented - from Sferra to Marimekko to Umbra and back. I might stop by the Piers today with Robert again. It is fun being a buyer for the sweet printshop - we're excited about the possibilities.

My favorite things

*the sound of rain on a taut umbrella - the pitter patter sound is absolute heaven. My friend Samantha wrote to say that she was enjoying the rain back home in England. What a lovely sound.

*birthdays + gifts - it was my father's birthday and we got him great presents and had the best time partying at his home. also, my best friend Sandi's daughter turned 3 - woo hoo! and next week is my other best friend Aimee's birthday - she, her husband and our goddaughter stopped by the printshop to visit and choose their baby announcements...so much fun.

*being in love - my esposo is one of a kind and we can tackle anything together. for this I am unbelievably grateful.

will write again about the gift fair - ta ta!


1 comment:

Sun Follower said...

the gift fair sounds lovely...as do you!